Wednesday, June 08, 2011

June 8, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

June 8, 1963
Saturday, mostly sunny.  Girls and I went to Middleburgh and Cobleskill and shopped.  I got a dress for Sunday.  We ate at mothers.  Sandy K did girls' hair in pm.
Comment:  I guess the ladies must be getting ready for the Taylor Anniversary party.  We went to Middleburgh a lot for movies, groceries, and other shopping.  I remember my father buying me clothes at a clothing store there.  Here is the website for the village.  It was settled in 1712.  Before he died, my brother,  Clifton LaVerne, lived just about from where this picture was taken.....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"