Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

June 16, 1963
Sunday, mostly sunny, upper 60’s.  Girls and I went to church and Sunday School and to the anniversary for Cliffords.  About 80 there.  We went to church at night.
Comment: Hmmm, no mention of Dad going to the anniversary party...also did not go to church....not sure what's up with that.  I hate to say it, but my experiences would have me think he went on a bender the night before, a Saturday, and did not go for that reason, but he might also have been sick....Picture of Clifford Taylor and Evelyn Hubbard Taylor on their wedding day in 1938, the year I was born.

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"