Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries


June 23, 1963
Sunday, sunny day,  70’s,  very nice.  Girls and I went to church and Sunday school.  Doug met bus in Grand Gorge 3 pm.  Gerald went back to Gloversville.  I called Billie after dinner.  Clifton, Wayne, the girls and I went to school at night to sermon.
Comment:  Sounds like  typical Sunday, lots of church stuff, Doug returns to base, me probably back to work after seeing Mary Ann...We could almost see Grand Gorge from our front porch.  It's in the valley just at the tip of the arrow and about 14 miles away by road.  I miss the great views of the mountains.....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"