Friday, June 03, 2011

June 3, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

June 3, 1963
Monday, nice day, 70’s becoming cloudy afternoon late,  wind.  Gerald was home and went to Cobleskill in afternoon.  I did a big wash.  Had a head ache and upset stomach in am.  David came home early and girls and I went with him when he went back after Clifton.
Comment:  I just realized that the reason I was going to Cobleskill was to see Mary Ann.  I graduated from Cobleskill Ag and Tech in January and immediately started at SUNY@ Albany.  Mary Ann did not graduate from Cobleskill until June of 1963 and we both had the graduation ceremonies in June.  Mom might be going into one of her "poor spells"...here is a picture of Mary Ann and I during our Cobleskill days....I think there may be beer and cigarettes on the wharf behind Mary Ann...how things have changed....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that picture of the two of you on the dock in June of 1963 :-)

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"