Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries


June 25, 1963
Tuesday,  Beautiful day clear and warm.  Went to bible school.  Carol went home with Elizabeth and Diana came home with Sue.  David went to Margaretville.  43 at Vacation Bible School


Comment:  My sons, David and Craig, went to the bible school one year and they still talk about someone there who scared hell out of them with tales of endless fire and torture in hell.  We sent them out or respect for my Mother who sincerely desired to save them..........Margaretville, the place where, when I was sixteen years old,  I had my appendix out.  For years after,  I could not do a knee raise with my right leg with out getting a severe cramp because of the adhesion's and scar tissue of the incision.  The scar looked like I was struck with an ax and it was weeks before I could even stand up straight.  Probably lucky I lived through it.  Coming out of the ether and the after effects was also one of the worst hangovers I've ever had and that's saying something...

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"