Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tuesday, June 23, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

June 23, 1964
Tuesday, nice day but becoming cloudy toward night.  I washed before we went to DVBS.  Picked up Paker kids with Gerald's car.  David got back from NY about 6 pm.  Gerald still wasn't working.  Paul Churchill and Wayne were at Roxbury all day, they were here for supper.
Comment: The car I had at the time was a Simca hard-top convertible much like the one in the picture. It was pretty cool. The seats would totally recline and I would sometimes sleep in the car in the truck terminal parking lot after a long trip before either taking another run or going home. David working, I'm not. My pocketbook can't stand that for long.....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"