Friday, June 01, 2012

Monday, June 1, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

June 1, 1964
Monday, cloudy, cool, 50's.  Clifton was home and Wayne the girls and I went to Oneonta in pm.  Got new water pump.  David worked for Earl.  We finished making garden in am.
Comment:  It seemed that we had a constant problem with getting water to the house.  In the winter various pipes would freeze and in all seasons we would be plagued with mechanical problems of one sort or another.   Here is a picture in 1950 of Wayne helping me fix my bike with the concrete well casing in the right back ground.  I bought the bike from Franklin Brown for $10 and it was always a piece of crap, very hard to pedal with no solution that I could find.....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"