Monday, June 04, 2012

Thursday, June 4, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

June 4, 1964
Thursday, clear and windy, cool, 50's.  I sewed on Sue's dress.  Betty Losee was killed at Central Bridge in a wreck.  I went to prayer meeting.  Kids went to Grand Gorge for practice.  David worked for Earl in am.
Comment: The Losees, if I have the name right, were distant relatives on my mom's side but I'm having trouble remembering anything about them. If I remember the accident correctly, she pulled onto Route 7 from Route 30 in front of a tractor-trailer coming down the hill from Cobleskill and was annihilated. She probably thought the rig could brake like a car (as a lot of people do) and was fatally mistaken... Kids getting ready for the Fair which starts in August. I somehow missed this whole thing. I was in my last year at SUNY@Albany and must have been very busy....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"