Saturday, March 17, 2012

Wednesday, March 18, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaires

March 18, 1964
Wednesday, beautiful day, 80's, had letters from Doug and Roberta.  Clifton wrote to Doug and Gerald.  I washed again.  David went to Escondido in am.  We went to dump.  Girls and I went to prayer meeting.
Comment: I don't remember the letter from Dad. He seldom wrote but I do recall seeing post cards he sent our mother when he was working in Mass building toll stations and the job was too far to commute each day.....here is a message from Charlotte (Haskin) Carlton about her Aunt Maude and Barry Taylor and Maude's memory of 80 years ago.


..I called Aunt Maude this morning for a chat and she is doing well and sounded good.   She told me Barry Taylor called her a couple of weeks ago asking her some questions about our family.   I told her she was a treasure to all of us and she was so thrilled Barry called her and she said they talked and talked.    She also told me today 3/17 eighty years ago was her Bridal Shower and it was at Frank Hess's (I hope I remembered that correctly) house and she still has the list of everyone that was there and what they gave her.   She still uses the angel food cake dish and grinder.    She said your brother Doug is looking so much better now after his surgery and has gained some weight so that was nice to hear.   cc  Here is a picture of Maude at LaVerne's in 2007 .......

1 comment:

Jeannine Stryker-Triolo said...

Lovely lady. And no one can make jam like she does!

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"