Friday, March 30, 2012

Monday, March 30, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

March 30, 1964
Monday lovely warm day.  Had letters from Louvilla and Lorraine saying Glenn was real bad.  Allen Case had died.  David's state tax came.  I wrote to Lorraine, Billie, and Louvilla.  Allotment check came from Dougie. 
Comment:  Doug is saving money through the military allotment program.  I saved about $2400 while I was in the Army and thought I was rich when I got out.  Reggie Haskins saved enough to buy a 1956 blue and white Ford Sunliner when he got out and I always thought that car was the coolest in the world......Glenn Taylor was my first cousin, son of Dad's sister Evelyn and Clifford Taylor. Glenn had only a short time left to live.  He died of kidney disease on April 11, 1964, at the age of twenty-two.  

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"