Saturday, March 05, 2011

March 5, 1963, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

March 5, 1963
Tues. Cloudy in am Clearing and sunny in pm ’30s. Clifton and I went to Cobleskill after dinner.  Had a letter from Marilyn and a check. I wrote to Dougie. Started to rain in the night. Marilyn said in her letter Jim talked a little about coming back in spring and work for H.B. Moore during the summer.
Comment: To Cobleskill for unemployment sign-up, a couple of letters.  H. B Moore ran a trucking company out of Windham, NY, and both LaVerne and I worked for them.  LaVerne drove a goose-neck tractor-trailer rig hauling salt locally and also drove on an Andrews Air Force Base job in 1960.  I drove a T1000 Ford twin-screw batch truck on that job also.  I do remember Jim working for H.B but not sure it was this time.
At the previous Sunday dinner, I had Gene and Patsy attending.  It should have been Glenn and Patsy, the Glenn being Glenn Taylor.  Glenn must have been sick at the time because he died the following spring on April 11 1964 at age 22.


If you are interested, the following are links to  "My Last Ride With Glenn Taylor" and some of my truck driving experiences:  "Truck Driving"........


https://hubbardfamilymusic.blogspot.com/2011/05/last-ride-with-glenn-taylor-gerry.html

Douglas Hubbard and Glenn Taylor

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"