Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 22, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

March 22, 1963
Friday, bright sunny day hi 30.  I called Ella Mae in am and told her we couldn’t come, but they had the flu and she was going to call me and tell us not to come.  Lavilla, Mrs. Mayo and I went to school in the afternoon to school to gym recess. Clifton still sick.  He wrote to Marilyn. Sowed tomato, cabbage and million seed.
Comment:  I think she sowed the seed in window boxes for later transplanting to the garden in the warmer weather.  It seemed like there was always tomatoes ripening or some sort of plant growing in pots or water on the kitchen window sill or kitchen table.  Dad did not write very many letters.  I don't remember ever getting a card or letter from him individually.  Mom always wrote and signed any mail that I received.  



No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"