Sunday, January 06, 2013

Wednesday, January 6, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

January 6, 1965
Wednesday, beautiful, sunny day, 30 high.  I cleaned and sewed on green dress Mother gave me for Christmas.  Myrtie called in pm and said Mary Schemerhorn was in Cobleskill Hospital.  David had to be to work 6 am.  Girls and I went to LaVerne and Roberta's at night.
Howe's  Cave, 1857
Comment: Ladies went to see John L. Myrtie is Myrtie Hall, a neighbor about a quarter mile on up the road living with her brother, Otis. On another note, just outside of Cobleskill is Howe Caverns, a worldwide, major tourist attraction about half an hour from Hubbard Hill that I managed to see when I was about thirty. Here is a link to the Caverns:

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"