Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Saturday, January 30, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

January 30, 1965
Saturday, sunny and cold, high 10.  Clifton and I went to Albany, changed out Carol's boots, got Clifton a shirt and Gerald luggage.  The boys had a skating party at Earl's lake at night.
Comment:  I remember the luggage they got me:  a Samsonite Two Suiter, probably cost about $40 and I kept it for years.  They bought for my trip to Buffalo for my Ford Motor Co. Interview.

David Hubbard comments on the Hubbard Hill House:  
"There was really no place like that house - especially to a bunch of kids who were small enough to think it was big. I remember the first time I truly noticed the music. (No season, date, or time of day to set down here.) Just a realization that it was there - the voices - that piano - and most memorably - those guitars that my brother and cousins and I would eventually pick up and dig in with. I look forward to hearing the coming verses."

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"