Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Friday, January 29, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

January 29, 1965
Friday, cold, snow flurries light.  I washed in am and cleaned the house and went to Middleburgh after Myrtie in pm.  David met Doug in Kingston at night.  The boys and the girls are here in the evening.  Clifton and I went to LaVerne's and Gerald was here when we got back.  They (LaVerne's) went to the city.
Comment:  All the boys are around for the weekend, will probably be a party somewhere......here is a blurry picture of all of us with Marilyn except for Carol and Sue in 1978.....

1 comment:

I am a long-time teacher of said...

There was really no place like that house - especially to a bunch of kids who were small enough to think it was big. I remember the first time I truly noticed the music. (No season, date, or time of day to set down here.) Just a realization that it was there - the voices - that piano - and most memorably - those guitars that my brother and cousins and I would eventually pick up and dig in with. I look forward to hearing the coming verses.

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"