Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Friday, January 1, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

January 1, 1965

Written on the inside front cover, "Silently he watches over me."

Friday,sunny in am, becoming cloudy, 20's.  I washed in am and girls and I cleaned the house.  David went down to Mary Briggs for dinner.  Gerald and Mary Ann came at night.

Comment: And another year begins. David and I with the girls we would eventually marry....I wonder if they knew just how lucky they were going to be at that time......
On that day, a Friday, the number 1 song was "I Feel Fine" by the Beatles, the top movies were "The Sound Of Music", "For A Few Dollars More" and Doctor Zhivago. Lyndon Johnson was Time's Man Of The Year and the 76th Tournament Of Roses Parade was being broadcast on NBC and ABC and I would bet that Mary and George Hallenbeck, (Mary Ann's parents) were watching as was Mary Ann and I. Probably the family was watching on Hubbard Hill also....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"