Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 22, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries


July 22, 1963
Monday, mostly sunny, 70.  I washed in the am.  Gerald and Carol went to Catskill, Schoharie, and Stamford.  I took Sue over to camp for the week.
Comment:  Not sure why Carol and I went on the road trip.  Quite a few miles involved.  Sue must be going to Ferris Camp for a church thing.  Carol must have been about thirteen.  Here she is as a high school senior.  Carol was always the cutest and happiest little girl.  We used to take her haying with us when she was about three or four.  When she was younger, we would also play catch with her being the thing we would toss.  I remember LaVerne and me throwing her almost all the way across the living room and catching her and she loved it.  I was sleeping on a bed face up one time and Doug threw her on top of me and her head bopped me square in the nose and it almost knocked me out.  I've still got the bump on the bridge of my nose..and a deviated septum that I think resulted from that....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"