Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 10, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries


July 10, 1963
Wednesday, 50 to 63,  cool but warmer,  partly cloudy.  I did a big wash in am.  Wayne worked for Carlton.  Sue and I picked strawberries.
Comment:  I think they were picking wild strawberries that grew all around the back side of the house in the hay lots and pastures.  These were not the large and glorious ones from the truck farms but quite small and much more sweet.  There is a vast difference between strawberry short cake our Mom made from these berries and the one you can now get in restaurants... I talk about wild strawberries my Songpoemstory "The Spring Lot" performed by David Hubbard.....take a look:  Hubbard Music Mountain: The Spring Lot by Gerry Hubbard, David Hubbard Per...

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"