Saturday, July 02, 2011

July 2, 1963, The Frances Hubbard Diaries


July 2, 1963
Tuesday, terribly hot and humid,  86,  little breeze.  I did a big wash.  Gerald went to Cario and Catskill job hunting, but no luck.  Wayne helped Alton Kinglsey in afternoon again.  No evening showers so did not cool off.


Comment:  The Dog Days persist.  I must have lost my clinker hauling job for some reason.  I think I was looking for truck driving job by answering ads in the paper, a lot of which were kinda scammy as I recall.  With Wayne working for Alton Kingsley, haying probably, and David at Timberland, looks like I was the only one out of work...also probably did not work anywhere for 26 weeks prior and thus, not eligible for unemployment...might be a long,  hot summer with little money....


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"