Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 20, 1963, The Frances Hubbard Diaries


July 20, 1963
Saturday, partly cloudy,  rained nearly all night.  I washed in am.  Doug was home.  LaVerne and Roberta here a few minutes in the evening.
Comment: It is kinda striking how many times the children visited on the hill.  Almost every day somebody comes back or drops in...
On July 20, 1969, six years hence, astronaut Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon.  This was two days after our youngest son, Craig was born and I remember watching this alone in our rented house in Flat Rock, MI while Mary Ann was still in the hospital in Trenton MI.  I also remember this vividly for another reason.  When space exploration started, my mother always said that God would never allow man to get to the moon.  Although I never brought it up, I often wonder what she thought and felt when it happened......

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"