Saturday, May 11, 2013

Tuesday, May 11, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

May 11, 1965
Tuesday,  lovely day, some cooler, 60's and windy.  I worked at cupboards in kitchen, ironed, wrote to Dougie.  Earl and Kitty were here in am.  I went to Middleburgh to a meeting with Louvilla, Bea and Anita at night.  Wayne and girls went to Laverne's after Roberta's suit case.
Comment:  Earl and Kitty are Earl and Kitty (Catherine ) Christiana from Stony Brook, NY.  Earl was a big deer hunter and often come up with Kitty and his son Huby, to hunt and also to just visit .  The family was quite well to do and always had the latest hunting knives and shotguns and also were always outfitted in the wool, red and black hunting pants, jackets and hats that were popular at the time.  My great grand mother was a Margaret Ann Christiana married to Gamalia Hubbard, my great grandfather.  I think Earl was a third cousin to my Dad, or something like that....he died at 65 in 1972. Huby or Herbert, deceased in 2017, lived around Cape Vincent, NY.  He was my age and was married to Lauretta and has a son David,  who is 51.  I probably have not seen Huby for at least 65 years...amazing what one can find out using the internet....

To read about a harrowing horse incident involving Great-Grandmother Margaret:  Click Here

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"