Monday, May 06, 2013

Thursday, May 6 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

May 6, 1965
Thursday, beautiful day, 68 high, no wind.  I cleaned stove and did most of ironing etc. Wayne worked for Earl after school.  Sue went to Deanna Cornell's birthday party after school.
Comment: I think Deanna is the sister of Donald and Gordon Cornell, then of Prattsville, both friends of mine in grade and high school. Donny was a great singer and I still remember him one night when he was about 10 years old singing Hank Williams's Lovesick Blues complete with all the yodels, at Tom O'Hara's gas station. He was a great favorite of Tom's also it seemed. He was also one helluva cross-country runner. I remember he told me about pretending he was a truck and running up the hills around Prattsville when he was a young child. I think that developed his seeming ability to run forever.....take a listen to Hank...... sounds just like Donny...

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"