Monday, May 20, 2013

Thursday, May 20, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries


May 20, 1965
Thursday, beautiful day, 65. Carol stayed home, had bad headache.  I finished cleaning dining room and started a dress for myself.  Lyle's went to prayer meeting with me at Louvilla's.  David went to Buffalo with Thomas.
Comment: Thomas is Tommy Renz, and they are probably delivering charcoal for Timberland. Thomas is LaVerne's brother-in-law. Tommy and I took a couple of trips together driving different but almost identical Ford Diesel cab-overs and I have to say that, even though I consider myself a maniacal driver back then, I could barely keep up with him on the road.....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"