Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Friday, May 7, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

May 7, 1965
Friday, rainy and cool, 40.  I washed and hung clothes in the attic.  We went to Grand Gorge to talent show at night.  David and Mary went with us.  Ordination for Gil Collins at church at night.  Mother called and invited us over Sunday for supper.
Comment: Hmmm, no comment on how the talent show went but I think this is a picture of one in Grand Gorge in 1964 for the World's Fair in NY that year. I posted my memories Hank Williams's "Lovesick Blues" yesterday and my memory of Donny Cornell singing it at Tom O'Hara's gas station in Prattsville. Now, I just learned that "Lovesick Blues" hit Number 1 on May 7, 1949....
Carol, Wayne, Susan At Talent Show

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"