Saturday, September 03, 2011

September 3, 1963. The Frances Hubbard Diaries

September 3, 1963. - Tuesday, cloudy, 60 in am, becoming sunny, 75,  and clouding up late pm with rain at night.  Girls and I went to Stamford in am, came home, and did a big wash.  Gerald went to Albany.  Sunday school teacher here at night.
Comment:  I must have gone back to SUNY@Albany to start school again.  I spent '61 and '62 at SUNY Ag & Tech @ Cobleskill then to Albany.  In Albany, I lived in a small travel trailer given to us by Uncle Earl.  Roger Cohn, an ex-Army paratrooper from Cobleskill, lived with me.  I was working as a grill man at Carrol's, a 15 cent hamburger joint on Latham circle.  I can't remember where Roger worked.  I was driving a 54 Opel and Roger was driving an MG that was hard to start in the winter.  It was there I learned of the Kennedy assassination that would occur 49 days hence.... 


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"