Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 12, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries


September 12, 1963
Thursday, cloudy, thunder showers in am,  windy, 60.  Earl moved trailer for Gerald and Roger.  I wrote to Marilyn.  Linda came home with Carol. Clifton and I went to North Blenheim to turkey supper. Thunder shower, hard wind and rain, at 6 pm lights out for a 1/2 hour.
Comment:  Uncle Earl had an old travel trailer on his lake and let me and Roger Cohn  have it to live in while we attended SUNY@Albany.  It was small and kinda rough around the edges but it worked for two school years.  I watched the Kennedy assassination news on a 12 inch black and white tv that I had to shut off every couple of minutes because the picture tube got too hot and would shut off.....this is kinda how it looked....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"