Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 28, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

September 28, 1963
Saturday,  55 high,  cooler, 45,  cloudy partly,  clearing 4 pm.  Carol went to Cornell.  I took her to Donna's in am.  Evelyn and Joyce here in afternoon about Sunday school.  Had letter from Marilyn.

Comment:  Not sure why Carol went to Cornell.  I'm assuming it's Cornell University in Ithaca, NY.  Coach Everett Hubbard graduated from there by the way.  I just read the Wikipedia article on Cornell.  I'm shocked by how little I knew of the school back in 1963 and how prestigious it really is.  The location by the Finger Lakes was also a region that we never visited....I thought it was a big deal to go to Coby Ag and Tech....I wonder what would have been different if I'd gone to Cornell...."The road not taken".......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornell_University


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"