Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries


September 11, 1963
Wednesday, sunny,  clear and warm, 70,  becoming cloudy toward night.  I picked cucumber and beans and 150 ears of corn and put them in the freezer.  Bonny and Glenn here at night a minute to borrow our truck to move Barry.
Comment:   Major vegetable harvest, lots of sweet corn.  I think Barry was moving up to a small house on the Bush road after he was married.  I don't have a picture of Bonny but here is a picture of the Taylor family when Barry and Glenn were little.....




Thirty-Seven Years Later: September 11, 2000:  I was on a bicycle and was hit by a car and was in the hospital for 21 days:

Thirty-Eight Years Later: September 11, 2001:  I was on an exercise bike in our local YMCA still recovering and my home nurse, after hearing on the car radio about the attack, got scared and came into the Y to be with people.  She saw me and we spent the next hour watching the towers come down....

Fifty-Four Years Later:    On September 11, 2017, I was released from the hospital on this day after a triple by-pass operation but was not checked for a bowel infection so I went to the emergency room and spent the night pretty much in agony till the infection cleared my system.

In 2021, I'm not leaving home.


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"