Thursday, July 30, 2015

Monday, 30 July, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Monday, 30 July, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Nice day.   I picked beans in am.  Madelyn and Mrs. Bohlen and I went to mountain after huckleberries, had 5 pints.  Donna and Amy rode horse up.
Comment:  Madelyn was neighbor Madelyn Blakesley and Mrs.  Bohlen lived on Bohlen Road about 2 miles away...I remember Dad and I helping Mr. Bohlen butcher a heifer and some pigs one wet cold autumn day.  I put the heifer down with a .22 rifle shot between her eyes.  The pigs were small so we did not have to shoot or stun them, just slit their throats....a 1962 pix of a clam bake on Hubbard Hill...can you name the people...

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"