Saturday, July 18, 2015

Wednesday, 18 July, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Wednesday, 18 July 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Cloudy and rainy.  I washed.  The worst day this week but the clothes dried.  Hard shower at about 4pm.  Clifton and I went to Dr. Palen at night.  Marilyn and kids were here and three girls from Roxbury were here for supper.
Comment:  Doc Palen was the go-to doctor in Margaretville for most of the family after Uncle Merel had been his patient and lauded him.  Not sure why they are visiting him but probably Mom's headaches.  When I was 16, he took my appendix out and left at least a 7-inch scar like a piece of rope and it took about a year for me to recover.  For a long time even into adulthood,  the scar would cramp up whenever I tried to raise my right leg.  I also could not straighten up for months after the operation.   Me, when I was cute, what happened?

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"