Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Saturday, 27 October, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Saturday, 27 October, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Cool, windy, no water.  Doug got the plastic pipe thawed out around noon.  Gerald and I went to Grand Gorge and I washed over there.  Carol and Sue at church hall to decorate for the halloween party at night.  Jim and kids here in afternoon.  Marilyn went with me to Sue's music lesson.  Patty had the mumps.  Marilyn gave me a nice slip for my birthday.
Comment:  Mom would have 49 at the time. which seems so young to me now....she would live 43 more years and die on June 1, 2005...she would have been 107 years old had she lived to today...

"How did it get late so soon?" Dr Seuss..

Here are links to more of her life: Susan's Memories Of Her Mother: http://gerryhubbard.blogspot.com/2005/06/susans-memories-of-her-mother_25.html

and Mom's Sixteenth Birthday Party:  http://gerryhubbard.blogspot.com/2005/07/moms-sixteenth-birthday-party.html


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"