Friday, July 31, 2015

Tuesday, 31 July, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Tuesday, 31 July, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Thunder showers early am, cloudy.  I washed.  Marilyn, Mary and kids here in am.  Carol went home with them.  Doug hit LeRoy's cow with Gerald's car.
Comment:  I'd bought an Oldsmobile for $35.  It ran good and I was going to paint it up and sell it.  I'd finished the primer and Doug was using it.  Not sure it was licensed.  The impact wrecked the hood and I ended up junking it in the woods.  Doug was not hurt.....shit happens.....hitting cows was not uncommon.  I've hit several and once one of our own....this pix is very close to what I saw when I hit one of Dad's cows with his car...cow was ok, little damage to car.....our cow was white....


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"