Sunday, April 12, 2015

Tuesday 12 April, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Tuesday 12 April 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Cloudy 40.  It started to snow about 3 pm.  Marilyn, Jim, and the kids went to Mother's for dinner.  Clifton went to court.  I went to Missionary Meeting at church, election of officers. H.B. Moore called for Jim to come to work at 5 pm.  He went.  Marilyn still didn't feel good and  Patty sick too.
Comment:  H.B. Moore was good employment for the family.  LaVerne, I, now Jim, and later David all drove truck for him.  He had concrete batch trucks, he hauled salt for the winter roads, clinker for the cement plants.  He must have had a hundred trucks of various makes and years.  I drove a brand new batch truck on Andrews Air Force Base, and 12 year old junkers batching on I 84 going north out of Albany.  In '62, both Jim and I hauled clinker from Cobleskill to,  I think, The Hudson Valley Cement Factory....in 1957 Ford Cabovers....and here one is....



No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"