Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Saturday, 7 April, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Saturday, 7 April 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Rainy, we washed and hung clothes upstairs.  Jim, David, and Wayne went to Windham in am. Gerald went to work.  Marilyn, Carol, Sue and I went to a business meeting at church at night.  Marilyn cut the girls' hair.
Comment:  I think I was hauling wholesale milk out of Prospect Dairies in Stamford for Joe Gallo.  I delivered crated milk to about six or so creameries along the east side of the Hudson down route 9 to Poughkeepsie, Wappingers Fall,  Fishkill and Peekskill.  Ten to 12 hours and I  got $25  a trip.  Drove a 1959 Ford F900 tractor with 40' reefer...had to handle every damn carton and crate....not bad money for back then..would be about $214 per day today....my truck was green.....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"