Sunday, August 31, 2014

Wednesday, 31 August, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Wednesday, 31 August, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Nice day, hot and humid, upper 70's or more.  I helped paper and paint at parsonage.  Wayne, Laura, Michelle brought Susan home and were here for supper.  Gerald and Mary Ann came 8 pm.  Clifton home late.  Heard that Myrtle Wright was in Cobleskill Hospital with heart attack and G. B. at Schoharie jail.
Comment:  Myrtle Wright was my 6th grade teacher and had to suffer through the start of my slide into incorrigible adolescence and the subsequent suspensions and barely passing grades.  I graduated last in my class of 15 in 1956 and only did that with the help of my Ag teacher through the Ag regents.  Not sure who GB is, might be George Bailey but that certainly seems out of character.....view of South Mountain from the Elmer Hubbard house porch.....probably the forties......

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"