Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Friday, 12 August, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Friday, 12 August 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Partly cloudy and cooler.  Roberta came after Carol in am to babysit at night.  Sue and I took David to Stryker's to go to Oneonta and on to Camp Drum for two weeks.  Clifton, Sue and I went after Doug at 730 pm.
Comment:  One brother goes on duty, the other on weekend leave.....that First Army big red and black "A" was on the shoulders of LaVerne, me and David....mine changed to the Sixth Army's six-pointed star when I went to the language school in Monterey then to the Tori patch when I went to Okinawa...


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"