Thursday, August 07, 2014

Saturday 6 August, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Saturday 6 August 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Nice day, 80, hot.  Doug, David, and Dad worked at the hay.  I baked in the am and finished the chair.  Wrote to Gerald and Mary Ann and had a letter from Marilyn and map and a card.  Priscilla Wickert died, killed in a car accident.
Comment:  Priscilla was the daughter of Fred Wickert, my teacher of Agriculture at GHS.  I was put in the "shop" class in my freshman year mostly because the classes were held all afternoon in the basement of the school and kept me far away from the regular student body and made me less trouble.  It also made me a member of the Future Farmers Of America, a career I really had no intentions of pursuing after being brought up on a dairy farm...."When you're brought up on a dairy farm, life's easy after that".....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"