Monday, August 25, 2014

Thursday, 25 August, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Thursday, 25 August, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Partly cloudy, cool, 60's.  Carol went to Debbie's and out at night.  Sue and I went to the fair and took Mother.  There about two hours, did the grocery shopping.  I went to prayer meeting at nite.  Mr. & Mrs. Thomas were there.  I wrote to Marilyn in am.
Comment:  The Cobleskill Sunshine Fair was a big deal and all the family went just about every year...my life long souvenir of the fair, the tattoo is now 65 years old, got it at 15 when only sailors or hoods had them.  $2.50 from a drunken tattoo artist.  Bobby Pickett and Paul Humphrey joined me, ...pix taken in a mirror, supposed to read GEH..my parents were not pleased.

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"