Monday, August 18, 2014

Thursday 18 August, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Thursday 18 August 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Nice day.  Carol and I took Sue over to Melody's about noon and stopped and had a visit with Mrs. Mayo, then we put up new shades and curtains in Church Hall.  I went to prayer meeting and Madelyn, Evelyn, Joyce and I went to Marion's to plan an open house for Thomases. Had a letter from Marilyn.
Comment:  Again, lots of church business.....The Bailey family 1956..they lived on the backside of Hubbard Hill in Broom Center.  Evelyn on crutches, don't remember what happened...that was the year I graduated from Gilboa Central...63 years ago....these folks were neighbors, friends, and cousins to my family...Joyce was a year behind me in school and my Dad always wanted me to take her out but I never did.....


No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"