Friday, February 03, 2012

Monday, February 3, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaires

February 3, 1964
Monday, lovely day.  I washed, took Sue to dentist after school but didn't have anything done.  David had his teeth cleaned.  I drove Marilyn's car to dentist and was there until 5 pm.  Comment:  And the number 1 song on this day was, "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and the first time I heard this song, I thought how raucous it sounded....and how different it was from the fifties rock n roll.....what is it about humans..we always think the music of our generation was wonderful and all succeeding music is drivel....Elvis and early rock were my thing, my father and mother thought Nelson Eddy was great.  Ella Mae took Mom to New York city to see Al Jolson, she did not like him......

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"