Friday, December 02, 2011

Tuesday, December 3, 1963 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

December 3, 1963
Tuesday light snow 20.  We finished packing and Lorraine called in am.  I called Billie.  Had letter from Doug he had been to Spain and was headed for Naples, Italy.  We went to LaVerne's and stayed all night.  Gerald and MaryAnn here for supper.  Mother called.


Wayne, Carol, Mom, Susan, David
Comment:  Final gathering before the trip.  So the travelers are Clifton J, 55, Frances Marietta, 50, David John, 19, Wayne Morris, 17, Carol Sylvia, 13, and Susan Frances, 11.  Six people, probably three in front and three in back.  Probably David, Wayne and Dad as the principle drivers for an approximate 3000 mile trip....except for Dad, this is a picture of them probably a couple of years later.... 

1 comment:

Gerry Hubbard said...

From Charlotte Haskin Carlton: Gerald, during one of my trips to Marilyn's she showed me the house your Mom and Dad rented for this trip. Your Mom told me on one occasion during a visit that trip was a special time for her and how much she enjoyed it. I was wondering about Carol and Susan going to school in Calif. I guess they did and how long did they stay at the rented home. I can't imagine how crowded the car must have been with six people and all the luggage etc. I am looking forward to your Mother's diary entries during this trip. My youngest grandson, Austin graduates from University of Tennessee at Knoxville this Friday and I am so excited. His major is Accounting and will enter graduate school in August 2012. I will try and forward you a picture of him. cc

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"