Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Saturday, 30 June, 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Saturday, 30 June 1962, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Hot and humid.  Marilyn, Jim, and the kids were here for dinner.  Bay baled hay in the barn in the pm. Doug hit a deer with his car and broke a light and grill.
Comment:  Lots of animals hit with cars on those mountain roads.  I recall family, me and others hitting deer, cows, horses, mules, dogs, cats, raccoons, woodchucks, opossums, a larger snapping turtle, and a porcupine.  I once wondered why my car was heating up and found a large ring-necked pheasant in the grill that I didn't know I hit....Grandma Bessie and Marilyn's kids at the time....Marna, Dean, Bessie, Patty...

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"