Friday, November 21, 2014

Monday, 21 November, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Monday, 21 November, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Beautiful day, no wind, 50.  First day of deer hunting.  Doug left 430 pm for New Jersey, he took David's car.  I washed in am, made an apron.  LaVerne's came about 4 pm and here for supper.  Roberta took me to to Grand Gorge with their truck for feed. They had just got back from New York City, went on Sunday after parts for plant.
Comment:  Busy day....Us boys always stayed home to hunt on the first day.  I got my first deer at 14 driving the woods below the road on the first day with my Dad.  Shot it with Mossberg 16 gauge bolt action C-lect Choke.  Here is how the hunting season works.....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"