Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Friday, 4 November, 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Friday, 4 November 1966, The Frances Hubbard Diaries
Partly cloudy, cold, 20's and windy.  I washed and did some cleaning and moved some things from the attic to the barn.  I had a letter from Marilyn.  I went after Doug alone at 230pm.  Clifton home late.  Sue went to Carlisle with Thomas's.
Comment:  Carlisle, the place where  I was born in my Grandmother Bessie's farm home, the last of us not born in a hospital...tidbit:  Civil War Medal of Honor recipient John Snyders Kenyon was born on May 5, 1843, in Grovenor Corners near Carlisle.  Here is his grave and what he did:  http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7735152

His Medal:  




No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"