Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Saturday July 31, 1965, The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Saturday, July 31, 1965
Nice day.  I baked, Gerald and Mary Ann came for dinner.  Carol went to stay with John in am when Clifton took Wayne's car after new tires
and have it serviced.  Roberta and Wayne here for supper.
Comment:  Michael Hubbard has sent me some pix of his family tree starting with his Great Great Great Grandfather Jabez Hubbard born in Green County in 1814.  I cannot find out who his parents were.  There seems to be no definitive record of his parents.  If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know.


2 comments:

Craig Eugene Hubbard said...

I have made several attempts to identify the line of Jabez Hubbard (1814-? because I suspect that it is of the same line as George Hubbard (1601-1685) of Middletown, CT.

Gerald Hubbard and I have matching YDNA that shows a common ancestor more than 8 generations back.
The probability is:
4 generations 6.81%
8 generations 19.28%
12 generations 33.15%
16 generations 46.30%
20 generations 57.79%
24 generations 67.37%

I have Michael's data and a bit more in an unpublished Word doc. If you'd like a copy, send me a request via email.

I have enjoyed your blog since the beginning.
All the Best,
The Other Craig Hubbard.
ceh_meh@verizon.net

Gerry Hubbard said...

From Don Howard:
I was glad to see your blog today which included the Hubbard genealogy data from Michael. As you may recall, we have determined through DNA testing that my son-in-law, Thomas Hubbard, and granddaughter Shannon Hubbard, are related to your Hubbard line. I believe if anyone is able to provide the name of Jabez's father, we will be able to determine just how they are related to you Should you be fortunate to learn this missing information, please let me know

Shannon Hubbard has a new job as sports trainer for the Georgetown Woman's Basketball team.

I read your blog every day and enjoy it. Thanks for hosting it!

Don Howard

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"