Monday, June 03, 2013

Thursday, June 3, 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries


June 3, 1965
Thursday, partly cloudy but very clear, chilly, 50's.  I cut out girl's dress half slips for wedding and got them partly done.  Mrs. Mayo and Marlene here in am.  I cut their hair.  I went down there in afternoon.  David left 4:30 am for Schenectady for Timberland.
Comment: I guess I don't remember Mom cutting women's hair...I know all of my haircuts until I was about twelve were all done by my Dad...David's got a short trip but that does not make it a good one. He is probably paid by the mile and still had to unload the damn thing....Like Johnny Cash sings, "There Ain't No Easy Runs".....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"