Thursday, June 06, 2013

Sunday, June 6 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

Sunday, June 6 1965
Beautiful day, 75.  Sue and I went to church and Sunday School.  Gerald and Mary Ann, Sue, Clifton and I only ones here for dinner.  Wayne and Laura went to Goodyear Lake to Mary Ann's party.  Ralph Brainard and Patty called in afternoon and LaVerne and Roberta where here a while at night.  Wayne, Laura and Sue took Dougie to Kingston.
Comment:  Not sure who the "Mary Ann" is, "only" 6 for dinner...comments on previous postings:  

From Sister Sue:  Hi everyone.  Mom would always cut our hair – and always cut my bangs TOOOOO short! J   When we went to California that winter, there was a bob type hairstyle that was popular their, and Carol wanted her hair cut like that and Mom cut it, and did a beautiful job on Carol’s thick hair.  So, after that, lots of the girls from school had Mom cut their hair, and Mrs. Mayo and Marlene, as mentioned in the blog, were the Pastor’s wife and daughter, at that time. Love to all -  Susan


From Charlotte Haskins:
Susan, thanks for taking the time to add your comments to your Mother's diary.   I enjoy them so much.   When Bob Mace and his wife stopped by here to visit me Bob brought up the time I cut my hair and he told me it was so funny like a Mammie Eshenhower cut.   He had a good laugh about my hair do even after all the years.   Your Mom was so amazing and can't even imagine how she ever did all the hard work in one day and cook for all of you and everybody else.   I ate there allot and it was always wonderful....I watched the Going Steady movie and enjoyed it seems to be true today.   Marsha called me a couple of weeks ago and sounded so happy she and her husband were headed to the Rocky Mountains.   Her sister in law is coming to see them in July and she wants to come to Chattanooga so I am going to meet them.   Of course, would love to see Marsha but also meet her husband he sounds perfect for her.....love, charlotte

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"