Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Saturday, April 10 1965 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

April 10 1965
Saturday, lovely day, 50's.  Girls cleaned the house.  Mrs. Mattice was here selling cover girl cosmetics.  LaVerne, Roberta, John and Earl here a few minutes in pm and Laura came with Wayne and he went down there for supper.  Called mother at night to come over Sunday; we'd go after them.  Called Marilyn 1 pm, they were all fine.  Gerald had his car stolen on State St. in Albany at night.
Comment:  My '63 Ford Falcon was stolen off State Street.  I left it unlocked and I think the thief found the extra key...we were a little lax with car keys during that time...most of the time on the hill, we left them in the cars so we didn't lose them.  I reported the theft to the Albany cops and figured I'd hear from them soon but after a while, I started to look for the car myself and found it a couple of blocks away from State street with my small suitcase taken and the keys in the ignition.  When I called the cops to tell them I found it, the dispatcher said to be pretty careful driving home because I might be taken for the thief by uninformed police......

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"