Friday, September 21, 2012

Monday, September 21, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

September 21, 1964
Monday, beautiful day. Trees are beautiful.  I did a big wash in am.  Went over to Louise's.  Dr. Lyons was there 4 pm.  Dolores called and said Grandpa had gone, he said he was dizzy.  I went over after I called Lorraine and Earl, and stayed till 7 pm.  Winnie, Beth, Lorraine and Howard came over for a bite to eat before they started home.  I called Clifton, Marilyn, LaVerne, Wayne stayed home from school
Comment: May 18, 1882 to September 21 1964, 82 years old.....a life that seems to have been well lived. Large family, mostly loving, respected by the community, sold Hubbard Hill to my father for $1.00, developed mechanical and electrical devices for the farm, always a hard worker. I remember him opposite me on an old Case baler on a very hot summer day. I was pushing the wires through separating the bales and he was tying them together on the other side. We both were sweating profusely and both were covered in hay seed and dust...he must have been in his mid seventies at the time....here are he and I when I was about fourteen and he about 70...

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"