Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Saturday, August 29, 1964 The Frances Hubbard Diaries

August 29, 1964
Saturday, a warm and humid day, 80.  Clifton and the girls went to Mother's for dinner and shopping.  Wayne went to Oneonta and bought school clothes and me a new automated toaster.  We went down to LaVerne's and Roberta's at night.  Gerald went to fair and Gloversville.
Comment: The Gilboa School would provide transportation to the fair and I clearly remember attending as a FFA member. I also remember when I was about 12, I ate a candied apple, rode the tilt-a-whirl with Donald Tompkins and vomited the candied apple all over the compartment...ahh youth....

No comments:

You're always young in your mind it is said, No matter the face in the mirror, That you see with surprise then say to yourself, "What is that old man doing here?"